Congratulations to the November, December and January Students of the Months
Congratulations to the recipients of the Character Counts for Responsibility and Respect
Families are invited to the awards assembly on February 2nd, at 2:30 in the Community Center
· We just finished Unit 6 in Math and are beginning Unit 7
· The Penguin Projects are done and were sent home. Please look at the progress from first draft to final copy, sign and return. The students are exceedingly proud of their first ever, 3 paragraph writing based on research they did.
· Students are progressing on reading, each student has their own "Power Goal". General themes are reading with expression, paying attention to punctuation, identifying main idea, summarizing and what was the author trying to tell you?
· In Science we are conducting an experiment involving germs and bread. Each group created 5 zip lock bags of a bread slice under different circumstances to see how germs respond to them.
· Friday February 13th and Monday February 16th school is closed for Presidents Day. Staff will be in school on the 13th for an in service and professional development.
· A list of student names is below for Valentine labeling
· A small party is planned for Valentine’s Day, Mrs. Wyrsch is currently making plans
Billy, Miya, Emily, James, Liliana, Ryan, Bryn, Owen, Ava, Madeline, Francesca, John, Dominic, Lola, Gabe, Jacob, Camryn, Lucais, Cooper, James, Michael, Zoey, Evan, Mikayla