Give a lasting gift by donating a book to the Stafford Township School District
Have you ever wondered what to purchase your child’s teacher for the holidays? Want to leave a tribute to your child at his/her elementary school? Want to purchase a meaningful and lasting gift for your child or grandchild? If so, Literature Legacy might be what you are looking for.
Literature Legacy is a book donation program that allows parents/guardians, teachers, grandparents, and community members to purchase a lasting tribute – a library book - for one of the district libraries. Gift books may be dedicated to honor a teacher, student, or special occasion. They can mark any occasion you like – birthday, graduation, Christmas, Chanukah, end of the school year, or even a Valentine’s gift. A good book is a gift that keeps on giving as it is shared with others!
How it works:
- Select a book – you may purchase a book from our suggested list (attached) OR you can purchase your honorary person’s favorite book OR your favorite book (the media center approves all selections to ensure books follow the Stafford Township policies and are developmentally appropriate).
- Fill out the Literature Legacy Donate a Book Form.
- Then drop off the book and form to the main office of the school in which you would like to donate.
- The district will create a bookplate with the honoree’s name and occasion and requested inscription. Then the book will be placed in the school library.
- After you purchase or donate a book, the person you honor will receive an acknowledgement with the book title, occasion, and name of the donor.
To donate a book to the Literature Legacy Program come into the main office of any of our schools to pick up a donation form or see our forms and book lists on each of the School Building Pages or see below!