A PEEK OF THE WEEK
Our Class NewsletterThank you for sharing your amazing children!What we are learning
HOMEWORKEvery night - Read for 15 mins - Sign Reading LogsBesides reading every night, a math practice page will be sent home. The practice page needs to come back to school. On occasion there will be fundation or reading assignments.We will take a 2 minute timed test each week in addition to 10. Please practice math facts with your child so they become fluent ( ex. use flash cards ). Study spelling words each night. There will be a spelling test EACH FRIDAY!This week's spelling words:
Math: Topic 10 - Using Models and Strategies to Add Tens
Writing: Schoolwide - Unit 3 Non-Fiction
Grammar Practice; Handwriting, Forming Sentences, Capitals, Spaces, Punctuation; Fix it Books
Fundations: Unit 9 Vowel Teams
Reading: Schoolwide - Fiction
Children will be bringing home 5 books each night ("right fit books", books of their level) in their reading folders. Have your child read to you and ask them questions about what they read. Books need to be returned each day. Please initial the reading log every night your child reads.
- Science; Social Studies - Project Team, Dr. Seuss, St. Patrick's Day, Spring, Weather
word tryPlease check your child's take-home folders every night. Return any papers that need a parent's signature!Reminders/Notes
Spring Pictures - March 13 Bring your smile!
- Food Drive - March 13-16! The drop off is at the front lobby by the office.
- March 16 - Pajama Day!
- March 21 - Down Syndrome Day - Wear Blue and Yellow
- March 26 - Epilepsy Day - Wear Purple
- DISMISSAL - PLEASE SEND A WRITTEN NOTE IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE PICKED UP OR ATTEND EXTENDED DAY AS A CHANGE FROM THEIR NORMAL DISMISSAL PROCEDURE.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU FILL OUT THE LUNCH FORM FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH ON THE PARENT PORTAL. THE SCHOOL IS ASKING EVERYONE TO FILL OUT THE FORM.
- Please be sure your child's things are labeled.
- Please send in earbuds or headphones for your child. They need them when we are on the chromebooks.
- Please be sure to pack your child a small and healthy snack every day. Please leave the snack in their backpack, not a lunchbox, so it is easier for the children to retrieve them.
- Please have your child wear sneakers every day. We will be outdoors as much as possible.