Helping your child achieve and maintain physical, emotional and social wellness is my goal.
A healthy student is the best learner!
- Height/weight, BMI and blood pressure are performed on all students annually.
- In addition, New Jersey requires hearing screening of all 3rd graders and vision screening on all 4th graders. If you receive a referral letter from the health office, please contact your child's doctor in order to obtain complete examination (vision and/or audiology). After your child is seen please have the provider complete and sign the bottom portion of the referral and return to the nurse’s office.
CREDIBLE ONLINE RESOUCES:
- When accessing health information online, try to ensure you are on a reputable site rather than one who's information is opinion-based or commercially-motivated. The links below are a sampling of trusted resources that may be of interest to you and your family:
- American Academy of Pediatrics: http://www.aap.org
- Allergies: http://www.foodallergy.org/
- Asthma: http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/faqs.htm
- Concussion: http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/signs_symptoms.html
- Consumer Product Safety Commission & Recalls: http://www.cpsc.gov/
- Dental: www.njda.org/gkas
- Department of Children and Family: http://www.state.nj.us/dcf/about/
- Diabetes: http://www.diabetes.org/
- Kids Health: http://kidshealth.org/kid/index.jsp?tracking=K_Home
- Lice: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/head/treatment.html
- Prescription Medication - Home Safety and Disposal: https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities: http://nichcy.org/
- National Institute of Health: http://nih.gov/
- National Institute of Mental Health: http://nichcy.org/
- National Safety Council: http://www.nsc.org/news_resources/Pages/Home.aspx
- New Jersey Family Care: http://www.njfamilycare.org/
- Ocean County Health Department: http://www.ochd.org/
- Pharmacology/Medication information: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/medlineplus.html
- Poison Control: http://www.njpies.org/
- State of New Jersey Parent Link: http://www.njparentlink.nj.gov/
- Suicide Prevention: https://youth.gov/youth-topics/youth-suicide-prevention
- United States Department of Agriculture: http://www.fns.usda.gov/eatsmartplayhardhealthylifestyle/
- Vaccines: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/
- Healthy Weight and BMI resources: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/wecan/eat-right/index.htm
- Children's Healthy Sleep Guide https://mattresshelp.org/children-sleep/