Compare & Contrast
Please tell me one way that the following items are the same and one way they are different. Remember to use your expanding expression tool (How do they look? How do they feel? What do they do? What group do they belong in? What are they made of? Where do you find them? etc).
1. Fish & Octopus
2. Chair & Bed
3. Horse & Cow
4. Shirt and Raincoat
5. Backpack & Lunchbox
Summer Punch Recipe
Ask your child to follow these simple directions when making Summer Punch. Ask your child to retell the recipe through sequencing (first, next, last).
Mix 1 cup of Sprite with 1 cup of orange juice, and 1 cup of lemonade. Pour the Summer Punch in a glass with ice cubes. Garnish with a slice of orange. Enjoy!
Beach Day Descriptive Language Activity
Describe your perfect beach day by answering the following WH questions in complete sentences (try your best).
1. Who do you go to the beach with?
2. What do you see at the beach?
3. What do you bring to the beach?
4. What do you smell at the beach?
5. Where do you like to sit? (e.g. near the water/away from the water)
6. How do you build a sandcastle? (Use three steps and transitions words first, next, last to sequence how to build a sandcastle)
7. Why do people pack a lunch for the beach?