Congratulations to the February and March Students of the Month
Kayla and Chase
Awards will be given later at the ceremony on April 6th.
- We are finished up unit 5 and are half way through unit 6. Students are learning how to subtract and add three digit numbers and apply what they already learned about regrouping to that process. Borrowing across a ZERO is particularly difficult.
- We are beginning a new unit on Non-Fiction in Reading
- In Writing we are beginning a new unit on an author study focusing on the works of Gail Gibbons.
- Wednesday, March 1st is our Book Fair Day at 1:30
- Friday, March 3rd we will celebrate Dr. Seuss in an assembly with a trivia contest
- each night look for a book to come home to one student at a time called We Are All Alike, We Are All Different. Each family is asked to read the short story together, then use two pages in the journal to draw a picture of the family and then write a paragraph about how you are alike and different. This is to increase our understanding of the importance of diversity in our society.
Thank you for continuing to send in notes on days your child will stay for an after-school event.