SCHOOL CLOSING UPDATES:
- School is closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Free and reduced meals, learning packets, and 1:1 devices will be available each Monday for pickup at the McKinley cafeteria between 10am and 6pm.
- I am available between the hours of 8 and 3. E-mail is the best way to get in contact with me. If you would prefer to speak by phone please e-mail me and let me know the best time to call you.
- Please check the webpage or google classroom of your child's teacher daily.
- IEP meetings will go on as scheduled and will take place via phone conference or videoconference. I will be e-mailing you with more information.
The Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant (LDT-C) functions in the school environment as an educational diagnostician, instructional programmer and Child Study Team member. The LDT-C is required to be dually certified as a teacher. The requirement of classroom teaching experience offers a multi-dimensional relevance to the assessment and implementation processes. Learning Disability Teacher-Consultants use their understanding of classroom functioning, effective teaching and adaptive instruction to help students maximize their learning potential and provide practical assistance to their teachers. Services provided include teacher/student consultation, preventative pre-referral intervention, assessment, coordination of services, and program development. The LDT-C must also effectively communicate with parents/guardians, teachers and administrators. An educational assessment shall be the responsibility of a learning disabilities teacher-consultant employed by the district board of education. The assessment should include both standardized and functional assessments, review of the student’s work samples and the student’s records, classroom observations, interviews of teacher and other relevant parties, evaluation and analysis of the student’s academic performance and learning characteristics.